Saturday, March 5, 2011

Delicious Low Carb Sugar Free Pancakes

I've been getting sick of eggs for breakfast so I decided to try my hand at making some low carb pancakes for breakfast since it's the weekend and I have some more time. I altered a recipe I found online and was so happy with the result!


Delicious Low Carb Pancakes


1 Cup almond meal
2 eggs
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 Tbspn xylitol (or equiv other sweetener)
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 cup soda water (or cold water)


Mix ingredients together until fully combined.


Spray a frypan with oil and bring to medium heat.


Pour in 1/4 of the mixture and allow to cook on one side. This takes a few minutes.








Carefully flip pancake to other side and allow to brown.








When browned on both sides, flip onto a plate and continue with the remaining mixture. Keep the cooked pancakes somewhere warm until all are done.


Top the pancake stack with butter and sugar free maple syrup.








Enjoy! I did!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kirrily said...

Thanks for sharing Annie - these were delicious!