Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lamp Love

I am in love.

On my walk home yesterday I passed a gorgeous shop that I go by every day. Once again, the window display was beautiful, but I noticed an addition that stopped me in my tracks.

A gorgeous white gardenia lamp. Love at first sight.

I sighed the sigh of one in love, and kept walking. Then stopped. I needed a second look.

I walked back and gazed at it adoringly again, had a look to see if I could see a tag on it to say it was for sale rather than just part of a beautiful display. Couldn't see one. Palpitations began. Had to find out more.

The woman behind the counter told me yes it was for sale, yes it was $X, and yes there were three in stock. I walked off happily, knowing that I could buy one.

A bit further up the street I stopped again. Wondered why I hadn't bought it yet. Especially since the Mr wasn't walking home with me, and wouldn't know I had purchased it...

5 minutes later, the lamp is mine.

I have set it up in our guest room. I just adore it, couldn't be happier. It's the small things, right?! ;)

3 comments:

Faux Fuchsia said...

That is a very attractive lamp! Thankyou for your lovely commnets on my blog! Quince is the BEST!!!

Faux Fuchsia said...

I just read your entire blog and don't want to frighten you but we appear to have the following in common- I own a red kitchen aid, have installled chandeliers all over the traps, I have redecorated my bedroom in white and have copper pots about the place hanging from walls. I am fascinated that you read my entire blog-not even I have done that!

glam-12wbt said...

Haha my blog is very short and neglected! I am very slack with updating it, definitely something I need to work on.

I really enjoyed reading your blog, once I started I couldn't stop. As I said, I didn't want to have to stop and go and get my husband from work. I also sent my sister the link to your blog and she read quite a bit of it as well. I just love it! I love your writing style, your fashion, everything. :)