Thursday, November 12, 2009

A housewarming present from me (to me)


After much deliberation, the decision was made.

I have always wanted a Kitchenaid mixer, convinced that it would turn me into a world famous pastry chef. I don't bake very often, however I believed the arrival of a Kitchenaid mixer into my kitchen would change all that. There would be people lining up at my door to taste the sensational creations that my Kitchenaid and I were producing.

When the opportunity finally arose to buy the potentially-career-changing-mixing-machine-of-my-dreams, I bought a food processor.

I have needed a food processor for ages and have put off buying cheaper ones as I had heard such good things about the Kitchenaid. Plus, it's red and handsome.

I have been a bit unwell the last few days so have not had the opportunity to use it since it arrived yesterday. Plus I want to give it a chance to settle in before I start creating the pestos, tapenades, and various other deliciousnesses that will make us famous.

I sound like I have high hopes for this little machine, don't I? Let's see if it can live up to the hype.

No comments: