Monday, May 24, 2010

Courtyard Designs

Our new house has a courtyard which is mine, all mine! I haven't done anything to it or in it yet, besides stand at the side of it and think. I think about what I want to get rid of, what I want to plant, how I want to decorate it, where I want to put furniture.... and the list goes on.

This is what it looks like now, in its present neglected state of ugliness:




I have some ideas in mind for what I want it to look like, but I want to strip it back first and look at the bones. Some of the ideas I had in mind are a little grand, and won't really fit a suburban backyard but I still plan to make it a little nook of loveliness where I can sip a wine, read a magazine, enjoy the (rare Tasmanian) sunshine and spend time with friends and family.

Any suggestions? Would love to hear them.

xx

No comments: